* T-Mobile® joins Google to form Open Handset Alliance. Google Inc., T-Mobile, HTC, Qualcomm, Motorola and others have collaborated on the development of the Android platform, which will provide developers a new level of openness that enables them to work more collaboratively. Android is expected to accelerate the pace at which new and compelling mobile services are made available to consumers. As a founding member of the Open Handset Alliance, T-Mobile is committed to innovation and fostering an open platform for wireless services to meet the rapidly evolving and emerging needs of wireless customers.
* The first generation of the T-Mobile® Shadow™. Designed to make feature-rich phones more consumer friendly, the T-Mobile Shadow is the first phone in a planned franchise of phones under the Shadow brand. The Shadow maintains all the powerful calling, messaging and picture sharing capabilities people crave to keep them connected, making it a name that will become synonymous with the playful, easier and richer communications experiences offered only by T-Mobile®.
* Next evolutions in the T-Mobile® Sidekick® family. Two newly designed devices – T-Mobile Sidekick LX™ and T-Mobile Sidekick Slide™–feature the must-have assets that make Sidekick the ultimate messaging device and including the newly launched, custom-designed MySpace application. The Sidekick LX features a large WQVGA screen that incorporates high-definition LCD technology, and like the Sidekick iD, features the iconic swivel screen that differentiates a Sidekick from all other handsets. The Sidekick Slide debuts a more pocket-friendly design and the first ever Sidekick with a slide-up screen.
* The Only Phone You Need. T-Mobile HotSpot @Home is a revolutionary new phone and service that provides unlimited nationwide calls over Wi-Fi from home – or from any of the 8,500 T-Mobile HotSpot locations nationwide – anytime, day or night. When at home, your HotSpot phone seamlessly connects to your Wi-Fi network, ensuring you have the best connection, and therefore the best call quality possible, throughout your home. While out and about, your HotSpot phone works like a mobile phone, sending and receiving calls over T-Mobile’s nationwide GSM network or any available T-Mobile HotSpot. T-Mobile HotSpot @Home service is supported on handsets and devices including the Samsung t409 and Nokia 6086 as well as the BlackBerry Curve 8320.
* The First Windows Mobile 6 Device. The T-Mobile Wing, available exclusively from T-Mobile USA, designed to help customers master their busy personal and professional lives. Among the first devices in the U.S. shipping with Windows Mobile 6, the T-Mobile Wing has a blue soft-touch exterior, touch screen, and full, slide-out QWERTY keyboard — a great fit for customers seeking a powerful all-in-one device with an eye-catching design and enhanced ease of use
* Sidekick iD Makes A Statement. T-Mobile announces the new T-Mobile® Sidekick® iD, offering the latest in personalization on a communication device at an affordable price. Designed to include the spontaneous communication features synonymous with the iconic brand, the T-Mobile Sidekick iD also offers spur-of-the-moment personalization with easily removable and replaceable exterior panels.
* New Designs and Features. T-Mobile launches the Samsung Blast, a slider-phone with an improved texting experience, the Nokia 5300 XpressMusic, with optimized music offerings, the MOTORIZR with a soft-touch slider form and the MOTOKRZR with Bluetooth and a 2 megapixel camera giving customers choice in selecting cell phones with style.
* Dwyane Wade Joins Sidekick Team. Tipping off NBA All-Star 2007, T-Mobile USA, Inc. announces the newest member of its all-star lineup, the T-Mobile® Sidekick® designed by Miami Heat guard and 2006 NBA Finals MVP, Dwyane Wade. Packed with the same great technology as the T-Mobile Sidekick 3, the new D-Wade Edition is the latest in a series of T-Mobile’s iconic devices that provide consumers with new ways to communicate with style.
* Customer Service, Customer Satisfaction and Retail Sales Satisfaction Leader. Confirming its status as the industry leader in customer care and customer satisfaction, T-Mobile USA, announces it has achieved the highest ranking from the J.D. Power and Associates’ 2007 Wireless Customer Care Performance Study – Volume 1and Volume 2, the J.D. Power and Associates’ 2007 Wireless Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) Study – Volume 1 and the J.D. Power and Associates’ 2007 Wireless Retail Sales Satisfaction Study – Volume 1. This marks the sixth consecutive reporting period in which T-Mobile has received the highest ranking in customer care, and the fifth consecutive reporting for customer satisfaction and retail sales satisfaction studies.